My journey on being a 'big looser'

I am a person, a daughter, a sister, a friend, a colleague, a baker, and most of all woman.
You may find my story similar to those people who have struggled to loose weight for a long time. But for me, the fulfillment that accompanied in my journey was very heart-warming and unique. I am not endorsing any products but what I want was to inspire many people (especially gals) who were wanting to achieve such great body. Be noticed and be appreciated... :)

As a teenager, i used to be thin and a picky eater. I am very active and sporty. But as I face my late elementary days, I became very lazy in such a way that I was afraid to run...to play, might be because my body started to develop and got conscious on what I look. FAST FORWARD...
It came to a point that I became over-weight. As far as I can remember, I am loosing my self-esteem because I can't wear those fashionable clothes as seen on TV and trapped on the typical shirts and relaxed pants for my casuals when I go out. Dresses?? It's a big NO for me as I look as if I am an expectant mom...

Reality bites. I am disappointing myself and felt awful... Why can't I be like those teenagers who can show off? Why can I be attractive? :(
Latter part of my High school life, those thoughts started to fade and began to get busy for school activities and duties. Unknowingly, I started to shed off some pounds due to the busy schedule. And got the chance to have a short pixie hairstyle...

Hehe...good thing I got an old pic during my high school grad. :D That time I felt very empowered and strong. That time, my leadership developed and started to be a matured person.

I think I am ready to face the college life. Not know what will come my way that time.

COLLEGE LIFE...
On the point of view of the weighing scale...

You can eat almost anything when you are in Manila... just imagine the street foods... iniisip ko pa lang, tinatakaw na ko! And if you have enough savings, you could avail the value meals on many fast food chains and restaurants.
Before I knew it, at my 3rd year in college, I won't fit in my jeans anymore and should spend a longer time scouting my dresser on what to wear to hide my bulges. I started to get frustrated and impatient. And when I look to my pictures, I wasn't expecting myself to be huge... This pic was taken during our Monito-Monita for the Barkada year-end get together. Nakakahiya man, pero sige para may idea kayo on how I look that time. Honestly, when I saw my pics, the moment the pics were uploaded, I was in denial... I was saying like siguro dahil mapayat lang si Em (my friend in the pic)... I should have worn something black... :(
I ignored the feeling and moved on... There was one instance when I was getting off the bus and the bus conductor said, "teka lang po misis, umaandar pa ang bus..." I stared at the conductor and said, "Misis?! :( "As I graduated from college, I am thinking that maybe if I will find a job and stated to work, I will be in good shape and no need for special exercises and medicines to take just to loose weight. And might be due to how I look that is why I didn't have a boyfriend ever since.


WORKPLACE
Stress can make you FAT!

But you know what, it did not happened as I expected. I was hired as a Technical support for a Software Development company and got a reasonable pay check. That time,
my goal was to enjoy life especially my pay check that I worked hard for.
I started to scout and dine to those restaurants that before, i thought, I will not experience... Munch on imported chips every pay day and enjoy my favorite ice cream...
When I reached my 8th month in my work, I am already wearing a size 11 pants and sometimes even borrow a sized 12 pants from my older sister. I decided to go to the gym to loose weight and eliminate my stubborn tummy... I HATE IT! I stepped on the weighing scale for my information sheet. I weighed 72 kilos... I am over-weight.
I tried to go to the gym religiously for a month but it did not worked, at the end of my first month, i just lost 1 kilo. After that, I had changes in my schedule and got lazy to go to the gym. I decided to go and play badminton with my office mate. After a while, I just increased my appetite maybe because I got tired after playing. After a while, I got lazy to play badminton since me and my play mate is not in the same schedule anymore. I got stagnant for couple of months, and saw the ads of those Orlistat meds. Very pricey, but I am desperate. I tried it. When you take such kind of meds, the toilet will be your best buddy due to the side effects of oily stool. Your stomach is like rolling... at kahit utot lang ang ilalabas mo, meron din palang yellowish liquid na kasama. The yellowish liquid is the fat from your stomach. And it looks like the oil from your Caldereta or Menudo. After few weeks, I stopped because of the side effects.
I lost may be 2 kilos in few weeks time but has gone back because I stopped.
The Journey starts...
in a cup of coffee :)

I told myself that I am already over-weight and accepted the reality that that's the way it will be. And will be stocked in this body forever...
After few months, I just focused on my work and enjoyed a great time with my friends. I enjoyed being online and keep my mind informed. One time, I am updating my Multiply account and browse on online sellers. I got interested on one page that says,
loose weight by drinking coffee
. Maybe its not your ordinary coffee. I browsed the site and check the product. Kinda similar to those tea and coffee that were promoted in the ads in Chinatown and in TV. The name of the product was Leisure 18 Slimming Coffee. I am quite intrigue because based on the description by the seller, i has no harmful side effects like LBM or oily stool, palpitations, etc. The 18-sachet box was sold at more than 200 pesos but less that 300 pesos + the delivery charge since it is sold online. To know the product better, I browsed the testimonials of the buyers. There were no negative publicity about the coffee. I am not yet convinced so I checked the ingredients of the said coffee. It has this Garcinia Cambogia thingy... which I googled it and found out that one the side effect of this herbal ingredient was loosing weight and suppresses food intake.

In short, I gave the coffee a try since I got an advice from my sister that,
"Paano malalaman kung effective nga, kung 'di mo i-ta-try?!"
What I did was to go to Binondo and searched for the said coffee name. Luckily, I found many stores that sells it. I got a box of it at only P150.00. I tried a box first and see for myself.
The wrong thing I did was I should record my weight before if taking the coffee for me to see the "Before and After" weight difference. :D

DAY 5

The first 5 days was a struggle for me. I wanted to eat but it feels like I am full. What my taste buds want was for me to drink water, water, and water. I tried drinking a glass of iced tea but it won't quench my thirst until I drink water. The effect, I urinated twice than the usual.

Day 10

I will have my monthly facial treatment. I got the chance to see my weight. I am quite nervous and at the same time excited because I can feel that I am loosing weight. 68 kilos, the scale told me...hay, I just told myself, buti na lang kahit papaano may nabawas.... But I am quite disappointed. Well, I just kept my faith into the coffee sachet because I still have to continue taking the coffee until the 18th day. And based on some of the testimonials, the effect will be based on how slow or fast your body will react and how your eating habits will change.

As the days go by, I noticed that my eating habit was changed a bit. I don't want those greasy food anymore... My appetite seemed to lessen... I can't finish a regular value from a fast food, its either I will just eat the regular fries or burger only. Unlike before that I can finish the UPGRADED burger value meal and even had a room for dessert... I am not so enticed with ice creams, doughnuts, and cakes. It's too rich for me.
The only food that I want to eat were those green salad with light dressing and watery fruits like pears, watermelon, melon, apple, and oranges. In addition, my rice intake dropped from 1 and 1/2 cups to only 1/2 cup. Before, I used to ignore the green salad on my plate.

Day 30(I'm on the 2nd box)

I went to the gym just to weigh in and check on how much I lost. In less than a month, I am 64 kilos. :D I am quite happy with the result since it is near the ideal value to be loosen in a month. Also, even though the numbers were not as loud that I lost weight, I was able to fit in my old clothes and now I need to use a belt in order to secure my pants, if not it will fall off...

I shared my experience to my friend Mich because she also have a problem in loosing weight and getting in shape. Now, I am not sure if she felt the same effect as I did because we haven't seen each other in a while.

Now... (finished almost 4 boxes)

It feels like a complement that many people noticed that I am loosing weight. And even I am in a rush, I am not struggling on searching on what clothes to wear because I can wear almost all my older clothes back from my college days.

My last weigh in, I am at 62 kilos and that time I just finished my lunch. :) Baka kung gutom ako 60 kilos lang...LOLs
I haven't knew my latest weight yet. But I can fit into a sized 8 pants (not stretchable, hehe). And sometimes, needs to use belt as well. I just bought my new shorty shorts and capri pants because I can't find a pair of pants that is flattering for my body. NAKS!! :D

BEFORE...


NOW...

I hope that I inspired you with my journey. Please wait for my follow up on this blog... Maybe in few months time, I am keeping my fingers-crossed for the newer ME. And able to fulfill my dream of wearing a gorgeous bikini....bwahahahaha :D...

ciao!

Comments