[TRAVEL - DAY 1] PALAWAN : Puerto Princesa, express tour and Arrival in El Nido

Supposedly, we are on a 4:30 PM flight to Puerto Princesa but as advised by Tigerair, we have been moved to the 10:30 AM flight. WHHAATT?! I am on a night shift and i have not packed my things yet, thinking that I have enough time to do that when my shift ends. Well, it is there... I can only do is to file half-day leave. Good thing, my manager allowed me to do so. I left the office at 4:00 AM. I immediately get my backpack and get my things; I am quite unsure if I left something behind. Considering the morning rush hour is on the way, I left the house at 6:00 AM. I arrived the airport at 8:30 AM.

We arrived in Puerto Princesa at 12:30PM. It was sunny and great for exploring the city. For P600.00 per trip/tour we hired the tricycle. This will take us for a short tour around Puerto Princesa as we kill time and wait our shuttle service bound to El Nido.

Express city tour of Puerto Princesa

Included in the tour is the trip to Puerto Princesa church, Plaza Cuartel, Crocodile Farm, Mitra's Ranch, Baker's hill and Baywalk. Here's a collection of my best shots in this express city tour. But before anything, lunch time muna!

credits to Mari

shot by Dane

Church and Plaza


credits to Mari

Credits to Mari







Panorama attempt at Plaza Cuartel

Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Center (Crocodile Farm)


Croc Skin and skeleton... 2nd largest (to Lolong) in captivity...


oldest whale bone on display

cages for little crocs

One reason why women live longer than men, joke! haha


cages for bigger crocs




One of biggest I saw, it can't even fit in my shot



going to the aviary and zoo


talking about modeling... this owns the catwalk!



croc souvenirs

Baywalk of Puerto Princesa




My El Nido buds: (left-right) Jian, Pao, Dane, and Mari

Mitra's Ranch (Photo: credits to Dane)




Baker's hill



its "my" hill :D


grill that inerts :)



We texted Ms. MJ of HADEFE that we will meet with the shuttle driver in Robinsons Puerto Princesa at around 4:30 PM. The tricycle driver dropped us in Robinsons. While waiting for the shuttle, some of us bought some toiletries and searched for ATM as we knew that there is no ATM in El Nido, better to have enough cash on-hand.

Going to El Nido...

I did not expect that its gonna be a bumpy ride. The van is like racing another vehicle! We were running on rough road and was already dark on each side. Each time I fell asleep, I get awake of the sudden bumps and uneven terrain of the road. Passed 3 hours, we had a meal stop for dinner. We are expected to arrive in El Nido by midnight and definitely there is no eateries open anymore. During the trip, I was thinking... What make foreigners endure this 6-hour journey (from Puerto Princesa) and visit El Nido? I must be worth it!


Dinner time at Fort Wally
Its almost midnight when we arrived at Lualhati Cottages. Its a budget-type inn with the basics. We each have a single bed. The room is air-conditioned with a restroom. Lualhati cottages also will provide daily breakfast.

Comments

  1. hi tere.. can you recommend other cheap hostel in el nido for 4pax? thanks..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try Lualhati cottages. Its not a beach front accommodation. If you want a beach front accommodation, try Rovic's. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment