[HIKING] BATANGAS: Mt. Daguldol (670+ MASL), 3rd summit

This is the first time I am bringing my GoPro Hero3+ in the mountains. I would like to capture the sunrise and make a time-lapse video of it. :)
This time Apple and I came from night shift prior this climb. We will be with his cousins, Dane, and other friends. We were in San Juan bound bus and planning to meet Dane there.

THE LOCATION

Jump-off point is in Brgy. Hogum, San Juan, Batangas. As per many blogs, Mt. Daguldol is recommended for beginners because of the combination of the level of the difficulty of the trail.

we hired a jeepney going to registration area
energy drink?! my hiking buddies have these! :D

The jump off point to Mt. Daguldol

THE TRAIL

For me, the most difficult part is walking through the beach wherein a lot of sand got trapped into my shoes; not to mention the heat of the sun as we started the trek at around 3PM. Unlike Mt. Palay Palay, there are only few trees covering the trail. The trail also began with an ascend instead of short sloping trail. I was about to give then but I pushed myself and proceed. As we go along, the trees covering the trail became thicker.

Another attraction in the trail is the Naambon falls which can be a side trip. It was summer when did the climb hence there was no water falls. Well, Dane and I decide to just proceed with the trek and wait for the others. Anyway, I was always the sweeper.  :))




selfie with my GoPro :D

one of the many take 5's

stopover at one of the halo-halo place halfway the trek



THE SUMMIT and SUNRISE

The summit is reminiscent to the slopes of Batanes. There is a large campsite to pitch a tent. The grassland is also home for cattle. We even saw some horses enjoying the cool breeze and bountiful eats in the summit. From the summit, you can view neighboring Mt. Lobo which can be traversed from Mt. Daguldol.

We woke up 5AM and waited for sunrise. Unfortunately, the thick fog, prevented us from seeing it. My time lapse attempt succeeded! Patience is truly a virtue especially if you are capturing nature's beauty.




credits to Dane: sunrise glow

campsite




with Mt. Lobo in the background


sun risen without getting noticed

good morning from Mt. Daguldol

#merrell
#getawaytoadventure


Comments